What Commodities Are Prohibited From Shipping Through DHL Express?
But before you select DHL’s global network, it’s important to be familiar with their conditions for carriage, specifically, their restricted and prohibited items. By being mindful of DHL’s shipping restrictions, you can ensure that your account remains in good standing and most importantly, that your packages are able to be shipped to your overseas customers.
This is often a case of common sense! There are some things DHL Express won’t transport in general, though individual countries may have stricter policies. To review an individual country, visit our DHL Country Import Guidelines Index and find the destination country you have questions about. DHL’s general list of prohibited items includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Dangerous Goods.
- Animals of any kind, including insects, pupae, worms, tortoises, frogs, crabs, lobster, crawfish, fish, hatchling eggs or birds
- Counterfeit or pirated goods or materials.
- Illegal Drugs or Narcotics.
- Firearms, including parts, weapons, and ammunition.
- Human remains including ashes.
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form.
- Pornography of any kind.
- Any items of carriage that are prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any Federal, state or local government to or throughout which the shipment may be carried.
List Of Prohibited Items
“Thank you so much for posting this article online, it is helping me and my business comply with DHL and international regulations. Your company is #1 on my list for all international shipping service. I have asked that my company start using you and dumb UPS as they keep screwing up our shipments”Dr. Marlow Andover MA
Are there DHL restricted countries?
DHL has the right to delay shipments that are flagged during its screening process because the sender/receiver may be a denied party (individual or entity that has been denied shipping privileges by government agencies), or if its content or destination breaches country-based sanctions.
DHL may alert you of changes to these countries through their service bulletins. You can also contact your DHL account manager should you have any questions about shipping to destinations with sensitive conditions.
Stop by your nearest Neighborhood Parcel, DHL Shipping Center for all the packaging and shipping service needs here: 1215 Main St, Tewksbury MA 01876, or call us (978) 851-0199